To manage access in a data source such as Snowflake, BigQuery or S3, it first needs to be connected.
In setting up a data source, you provide details such as database access credentials and details about the type of and frequency of a synchronization. These details are listed in a YAML file and managed in the Raito CLI. Initiating setting up a data source however happens in Raito cloud.
ℹ️ To add a data source, you will need the Admin role in Raito. See Raito user management for more information on roles in Raito.
To add a new data source in Raito Cloud, take the following steps:
- In the sidebar navigation menu, open up the
Data sourcespanel and click the
All data sourcesmenu item.
- Now click the
Add data sourcebutton on the top right.
- Select the type of data source you would like to add. Note: This choice is purely meant to guide you through setting up this specific data source type. If your data source type is not in the list (for example, when you built your own Raito CLI plugin), you can pick any type to continue.
- Provide a name for your data source. This name will be the display name for this data source within Raito Cloud and will be visible to all the users in the system.
- Next, provide an optional description for your data source to describe in more detail what this data source contains and what it is meant for.
- When done, you will land on the initial page of your data source. Because it hasn’t been connected to the actual data source yet, instructions will be shown on how to proceed.
Once your data source is connected and a first synchronization ran successfully, you’ll be able to start exploring the current state of your access controls and usage.