Raito user management in Raito is the responsibility of an admin. Such an admin can provide access to users on the user management page in the admin pane. An admin can provide access via:
- Setting up SSO to Raito
- Granting access to domains: e.g. everyone with a *@raito.io address
- Personal invite on email
By default, every new user has no Raito roles assigned, which means he/she is a plain user in the system, and will only be able to request access.
Raito has two types of roles, namely global and local roles. A global role provides you certain permissions within Raito, a local role provides you certain permissions with regards to a specific asset.
Raito considers the following global roles:
- Admin: an admin is responsible to manage Raito for the organization. He manages users and roles withing Raito and connects Data Sources and Identity Stores. Raito has a full separation of concerns, which means that an admin by default does not manage access to data objects.
- Integrator: an integrator is the role used to perform a CLI sync. The integrator role is hence often assigned to a service account.
- Access manager: an access manager is a super-user with respect to Raito functionality. An access manager can manage access for all data objects.
- Observer: an observer has access to all insights in Raito, but has no rights to perform actions in Raito.
- User: a user is the minimum level of access to Raito which provides you all functionality to request access to data and see your personal information.
Next to these global roles, Raito also has resource role, named
owner`. An owner can own one of the following assets:
- Owner of a data source: an owner of the data source is the only one that can rename or remove the data source
- Owner of an identity store: an owner of the identity store is the only one that can rename or remove the identity store
- Owner of a data object: an owner of a data object is the one responsible to manage the access to the data object. He can approve data object access requests and can add or remove his data object to the what-list of an access control.
- Owner of a access control: an owner of an access control can edit that access control and approve access requests to that access control.
Global roles can be assigned through the user management page in the admin pane by clicking the three dots next to someones name. Resource roles, like ownership of a data object, can be assigned on the page of the resource itself. This assignment can be performed by an admin or an existing owner of the resource.
|Manage Data Sources: add, delete, update metadata||✅||⛔️||⛔️||⛔️||⛔️|
|Manage Identity Stores: add, delete, update metadata||✅||⛔️||⛔️||⛔️||⛔️|
|Manage users: invite to Raito and assign roles (global and local)||✅||⛔️||⛔️||⛔️||⛔️|
|View Data Object tree||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|View Access Control name, purpose and WHAT-list||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|View Access Control WHO-list||⛔️||✅||✅||✅||⛔️|
|View existing access: Data Object and User||⛔️||⛔️||✅||✅||⛔️|
|View usage information: Data Object and User||⛔️||⛔️||✅||✅||⛔️|
|View usage information: Access Control||⛔️||⛔️||✅||✅||⛔️|
|View dashboard metrics||⛔️||⛔️||✅||✅||⛔️|
|Approve an access request||⛔️||⛔️||⛔️||⛔️||⛔️|
|Manage Access Controls||⛔️||✅||✅||⛔️||⛔️|
|View audit trail||⛔️||⛔️||✅||✅||⛔️|
|Permission||Data Source owner||Identity Store owner||Data Object owner||Access Control owner|
|Delete the asset you own||✅||✅||⛔️||✅|
|View existing access: Data Object and User||Limited to the Data Source||⛔️||Limited to the Data Object||✅|
|Approve an access request||Limited to the Data Source||⛔️||Limited to the Data Object||Limited to the Access Control|
|View Access Control WHO-list||✅||⛔️||✅||✅|
|Manage Access Controls||✅ (*)||⛔️||✅ (*)||✅|
|Assign ownership||Limited to the Data Source||Limited to the Identity Store||Limited to the Data Object||Limited to the Access Control|
(*) Explained in the following section
Owners of Data Objects can manage Access Controls within the scope of the Data Objects they own. The same applies for a Data Source owner, as he or she also owns all Data Objects in the Data Source.
✅ Sees everything
☑️ Can edit everything, but cannot add Data Objects which he does not own
✅ Sees everything
☑️ Can add/remove data objects he/she owns
⛔ Cannot edit name, WHY and WHO